Apply now to set sail on your future. Join us at Disney Cruise Line!ResponsibilitiesAbout You
Your “roll up your sleeves” attitude would be an example to a multi-cultural kitchen staff that prepares meals for up to 4,000 Guests per day! Since Disney is one of the most treasured names in the cruise line industry, you would uphold our exacting standards and reinforce them to your crew. Your instincts and interpersonal skills will be put to use alongside your sharp management experience, and of course, your culinary creativity and expertise.
Every single day as a Chef de Cuisine is different! On any one day you might:
- Mentor your multi-national team of Cooks and Sous Chefs on mastering new skills and recipes;
- Lead by example to create an environment of collaboration, friendliness, and respect;
- Review and streamline food costs;
- Coordinate and oversee menu development and preparation;
- Ensure US public health laws are strictly followed;
- Plan team schedules and conduct performance reviews;
- Work with Guests on special orders and requests;
- Interact with guests from around the world as a member of the ship’s officer corps; and
- Visit an exotic port-of-call.
Please apply if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience leading a high-level hotel or restaurant kitchen;
- Confidence to lead, make decisions and handle the unexpected;
- Demonstrated career progression within the culinary field;
- Experience leading culinary teams within an assigned area of responsibility;
- The capability to thrive in a dynamic, shipboard environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and culinary skills;
- Willingness to work a 4 month contract, with limited time off, and limited access to friends/family;
- Desire to mentor others, shaping their experiences and advancing their careers.
- A valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s Visa (DCL will provide you with the documents needed to obtain this)
- Previous experience cooking in a cruise ship kitchen; and if possible,
- Knowledge of the Materials Management System (MMS.)
You have a Chef Certification or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts.
About Disney Cruise Line
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.Additional Information
- Documentation/Testing: Since this is a shipboard role, you will be asked to obtain a pre-employment medical exam, a criminal background check, and submit to a drug/alcohol test within the first week on board, and throughout your contract.
- Privileges: As a 2.5 stripe Officer, you would enjoy a single room accommodation and officer’s privileges while onboard.
- Contract length:. 4 months on/2 months off, with benefits year round, as long as return contract is signed.
- Benefits: Group Medical; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life insurance; Retirement savings plan.
This position currently reports to the Assistant Manager, Food Operations.
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week on board, and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
El contenido de este aviso es de propiedad del anunciante. Los requisitos de la posición son definidos y administrados por el anunciante sin que Bumeran sea responsable por ello.